Social Media & SEO
Social Media is a power online marketing strategy that can not only strengthen brand loyalty, improve customer relations but also bring traffic to your website. Any company that wants to have a strong web presence needs to make sure they incorporate social media into their online marketing campaign.
A few tips on Social Media:
Identify audience – Find out who they are, what they do, the type of sites they visit etc. This will give you a better idea of which social media platforms you are going to target. For example if your target market are teenagers, then Facebook would be a good option.
Set out your goals – Why are you engaging in a particular social media platform?
- Increase brand awareness
- Strengthen customer relations
- Drive traffic to your company website
- Promote products/services you have to offer
A few points to remember:
1. There is no point having social content if nobody can find it. Make sure you optimise your content. E.g. If your company has a blog, make sure its ranking on the search engines. This can be done through internal linking of your primary keywords. If you have released a viral video on You Tube, make sure there is a link to it from your website.
2. Connect your social media profiles to each other – By linking all these platforms you will send users from one site to another.
3. Use social media to build a targeted community that you can market to. Social media is all about people with shared interests coming together online and sharing information, ideas and resources.
4. Social media is very useful for online reputation management – It is an instant response, engaging with the customer in their on space on a platform they are comfortable in.
Search engine optimisation and social media marketing are now inseparable. You just need to make sure you have a clear strategy of how to incorporate one into the other. When executed seamlessly you can increase traffic as well as actively engage your target market and improve customer relations.